MEDICAL ABORTION ON YOUR TERMS
New for 2023: Increased Access and Flexibility
As of January 3, 2023, the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has approved changes to the Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) program for generic mifepristone tablets, 200 mg. In addition to maintaining the current system of distribution, the new REMS helps improve access to medical abortion care by:
- Removing the requirement for in-person dispensing, allowing telemedicine care in states that permit it.
- Allowing mail and in-person dispensing from certified pharmacies.
- Streamlining the Prescriber Agreement so that it can be used wherever a health care provider practices and prescribes.
- Clarifying the REMS program guidelines and updating the full prescribing information and the Medication Guide.
Become a GenBioPro Certified Prescriber
To begin prescribing generic mifepristone, become a GenBioPro certified prescriber by completing a Prescriber Agreement. It’s quick and easy. A GenBioPro Prescriber Agreement is portable, yours alone, and can be used wherever you practice and prescribe.
- Go to the Prescriber Agreement form.
- Fill out the form as instructed and sign where indicated.
- Send the completed Agreement to the fax number or email listed on the form.
You can then choose how you prefer to dispense mifepristone: directly to your patients, through a certified pharmacy, or both.
- If you will dispense directly to patients, GenBioPro will contact you to establish an account and approve you to begin ordering.
- If you intend to send your mifepristone prescriptions to a certified pharmacy for dispensing, your Prescriber Agreement must be on file before they can fill your prescription.
Please see below for a list of currently Certified Pharmacies:
- Honeybee Health
- American Mail Order Pharmacy
Become a GenBioPro Certified Pharmacy
To begin dispensing generic mifepristone you must first become a GenBioPro Certified Pharmacy. Certified pharmacies can benefit from stable product supply and pharmacy-friendly packaging with seamless ordering for generic mifepristone tablets, 200 mg from GenBioPro.
- Download your Certified Pharmacy Agreement.
- Read, complete, sign, and return the Agreement as described on the form.
We will contact the Authorized Representative with implementation and distributor information.
Generic Mifepristone from GenBioPro
Medical abortion is an FDA-approved method to end an early pregnancy. Until 2019, when GenBioPro launched its generic medication, mifepristone was only available in the US as a branded product. The introduction of GenBioPro generic mifepristone has expanded access to medical abortion through stabilized product supply, improved packaging, and timely fulfillment.
GenBioPro: Here to Help
In the US, medically unnecessary restrictions and political interference result in medical abortion being inaccessible for far too many people. Limitations on abortion care training, high costs for patients, laws targeting abortion care providers, and disinformation are just some of the barriers to abortion care.
Our company was founded on the belief that all people – regardless of income, gender, race, or geography – have a right to reproductive health care, including access to medical abortion. From driving down medication costs to promoting accurate information about abortion, our mission is to deliver affordable, effective products for people seeking abortion care. We are committed to eliminating barriers and to supporting the community of providers, pharmacies, patients, and advocates working to ensure universal access to reproductive health care.